October 2, 2008

Think Pink for October! Breast Cancer Awareness Month-SAVE THE TA TA'S.




October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month




Save the Ta Ta's. I saw this bumper sticker the other day on a car. I didn't know quite what to think. At first I laughed, then I cried. I have known (as I am sure you have), two people that have been affected by breast cancer. One of them my Nana, one of them a very dear friend at church. I have met numerous other women, but none close to me that have this dreaded disease. Breast cancer runs in my family. It's a scary thing, and I try not to think about it, but I have too. I have to go in twice a year for ultrasounds as I have had some close calls. Thank God above, every time my tests come back benign.

As for mammograms. Not sure what all the hoopla is about. It doesn't hurt. Not sure why women say it does hurt. Even if it does hurt, why would women tell other women this? Are they STUPID? Yes, I'm sorry, but it's pure ignorance. Why in the hell would you tell someone this when it might prevent them from getting a mammogram? I have had to bite my tongue more then once to tell these women off. KEEP YOUR MOUTHS SHUT. What you say could deter another woman from getting tested. Ok, I'm off my high-horse.

GO GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS, if not for yourself, then for your daughter, your sister, your mother, your husband, your son, your father, your friends. They all love you, and so should you.

Cannot afford a mammogram? National Cancer Institute Contact them at 1-800-4-CANCER. If you provide your zip code, they can give you a center providing free mammograms. THERE ARE NO EXCUSES.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting on my ebay auction! So good to meet you. I run across vintage lingerie occasionally but don't know how to market it- maybe I should just send it to you! I want to ammend my response about the lable on the lingerie not leaving a stain-- well, there is a VERY SLIGHT one. When I looked at our photo, I could make out where the label was on your same hamper. It is so subtle though, I don't think it is a big issue. But if you are a connoisseur (like I think you are), I guess it would be an issue.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...