April 12, 2010

Vintage Lingerie VANITY FAIR Vintage Lingerie Advertisement #1


Each week (I am going to try) to list vintage lingerie advertisements for your enjoyment.

Installment #1
Vintage Vanity Fair 1945 Goddess Gown.

If you love this, then you will love my Vanity Fair vintage nightgowns I have for offer at Sweet Cherry Vintage! on eBay.

This magazine ad was from 1945. Why don't they make them like this anymore? You just don't see glamorous ads in magazines for lingerie and if you do, it's for Vicky Sickly ads of bras and panties.

What do you think? Do you like seeing ads like this from the past? If so, comment and I'll do my best to post one a day for your enjoyment. If you don't comment, I won't know!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the vintage lingerie ads!

btw i added your site to my blogroll...are you really in Hollywood? my shop is in Studio City...come by and visit when you can.
i didn't know about the Wikio ranking, so thanks for the heads-up on that. i've visited your site before too, but the list of lingerie blogs out there is really growing!

(ps - sorry i'm responding this way, but my out-going email server isn't working today).
xoxo alison

Sweet Vintage Designs said...

Thank you Mademoiselle Frou Frou :)

Robyn Hayes said...

Love them! I have 2 of my Grandma's bias-cut 1940's gowns & would love more. Vintage gowns and ads are delightful!

frankufotos Lingerie said...

Hello--

As for this post: Vintage Lingerie = Very cool. Vintage Ads = Very cool. How can that combination miss? Slip's done some nice posts along those lines.

Thanks for reading, commenting and linking to my blog!

I can't believe the amount of vintage lingerie info you have on the your ebay seller's page alone.

Sure, I'll add a link.

--frank

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...