August 9, 2010

My husband Hugh, Night #49, Critically Injured, Now in Rehab

7 weeks ago to the day, was the worst day of our lives. Hugh was in his accident. Today, 3 weeks later to the day, he is in rehab. 4 weeks in hospital, 3 weeks so far in rehab.

Today a good day! He is starting transfers on his own from bed to wheelchair. We think we found out the tummy problem. Time will today. He had a good tummy day. Even had a WHOLE HOT DOG at Memorial Hospital for dinner! Yes, I wheeled him over there again. He likes getting out, can you blame him?

His RIGHT knee is a bit swollen, and aching. I need to talk to Stephanie (the PT) about this tomorrow. We may need to have Dr. Warden (the ortho/knee guy who will be doing Hugh's left knee surgery to see about his right knee).

As we were wheeling across Atlantic Blvd., a motorcycle was racing by. I can see Hugh's eyes and head moved watching the bike rider. I know he probably still has that twinge in him to ride one day, but that isn't going to happen.

I keep thinking these nights are going to get better for ME, they aren't. I'm on edge all the time and found myself even snapping at my Mom.

Dear Hugh,
I'm so proud of you! I was so happy to see you finally out of pain with your tummy stuff today. I think Dr. Marshall has a good idea on the change of plans for you as far as the tummy stuff goes. I sure like him. He is on top of it. I am not feeling well, which we discussed today. I will be going to the doctor tomorrow if it's not better. I love you so much, and I want you home......
-------------------------
If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:




------------------------------------

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...