September 24, 2010

My Husband Hugh, 3 Months & 3 Days since accident, still in hosptial.

On June 21 2010, my husband was in a near fatal accident and to this day, still remains hospitalized. He suffered a broken pelvis, internal bleeding, broken right shoulder and right arm, most broken ribs, broken lower back, broken right femur/thigh bone, left knee and fibula, broken right toes. Spinal nerve damage, and minor brain/head injury. As time goes by we are still finding out more and more medical problems, and "conditions" resulting from this accident.

Not much really to report. I have been really down and purely exhausted. Just no mood to socialize, blog or really much of anything but sleep and take of what I have to take care of.

Hugh developed a serious blood clot last week, and they put him on a blood thinner they shoot him in the tummy. He is also on oral pills. The blood clot is in the right thigh. He has a blood clot filter (vena cava filter) to "catch" and dissolve blood clots too.

Today, he has an MRI of his spinal to see if the nerve damage is "fixable" or not.

He is trying to master the crutches, doing really good on them, but needs more work on walking UP steps. He is very "unstable" doing so and will do practice this in physical therapy.

I'm frustrated and very impatient and it shows when I am with Hugh. He knows this, and he is working with me on this. I am having some problems now and just need to lie low and keep focusing on myself. I just want to be left alone really and it's a struggle to even talk to people or my friends. So if I don't answer, or call back, don't take it personal. I'm just so tired.

I know once Hugh comes home I'll even be more tired because I'll be so busy helping him, so I am mentally trying to prepare myself for this too. It's all hitting me and he is so very patient and knows this. I am so blessed he is so cautious and so patient with me.

Also, things like our financial future, medical insurance, food, rent, EVERYTHING. Not sure how we are going to survive. This is weighing on me heavily and affecting my thoughts. Just the uncertainty of everything. As the old saying goes "one day at a time". Well %$#@ that, you try doing it. It's not as easy as it sound.
--------------------------------------------------


If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:





------------------------------------

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...