September 9, 2010

My husband Hugh, night #80, critically injured, still in rehab

Today, we had the home evaluation with physical and occupational therapists in preparation for Hugh's homecoming (possibly the end of next week!!!!). This depends on Hugh and how he feels if he feels strong enough they said.

Hugh will NOT be coming home with a wheelchair and only a walker. That is the good news! The goal is to ween him off the wheelchair, and to walk unaided before he can come home.

We need to make few/minor preparations in the house. Easy stuff, as for purchases, I will need to buy a chair for his computer and that we can bring out to the living room for the dinner table. As for sitting, my dad will build a platform to raise the leather sitting chair we have that is comfortable for Hugh. This is too low right now and he cannot get back up. As for the bathroom, simple things need to be done.

Hugh was at home all day with me. :) I got him back to rehab all by myself. He walked to the car and out of the car and into rehab with only the use of the walker. I spotted him though. He has to wear 2 leg braces now, which keeps his feet straight and much better.
---------------------------------------
Dear Hugh,
I can see you home next week and I cannot wait.. I miss you, I love you and can't wait for you to be home.............

If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am soooo happy for the both of you! Hugh has done so well and I know that makes you feel better! I have been praying for you both ever since his accident. I know you don't know me except through Twitter, but I value your friendship. Good luck in the weeks to come. I feel in my heart that Hugh will be back with you at home next week and his recovery will be so much faster b/c that's where he wants to be...back home with his family and his lovely wife :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...