November 7, 2008

eBay Vintage Sellers, be aware! Woes of Paypal/eBay.

Two months ago, sold a gorgeous slip (email me for the link if you want to see this gorgeous satin slip). Buyer was extremely happy, left me glowing feedback to the exact words of "Received in excellent condition...", but I had noticed he rated (dinged) my Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR's) really low in shipping costs. I charged him $6.75 for a Priority package with delivery confirmation. My mistake....I emailed him asking why the very low rating on shipping cost. I do not control what the post office charges. Well, this ticked HIM off big time. He ranted and raved about how the "star ratings are supposed to be anonymous" etc. Well, they aren't. Any seller with half a brain can figure out who "dings" their stars, especially when they are lowered right after feedback is left. So, doing the right thing, I refunded his shipping to him. Well that wasn't enough for him. He wanted to return the slip, not sure why. I denied that request, he got what he wanted, bid up that damn slip so high, and I felt he was having "buyer's remorse". End of story, so I thought.

Fast forward two months later, I get a Paypal notice they froze the money he paid me and he is claiming with his CREDIT CARD company (he paid me with his credit card through Paypal), that it is not "Significantly Not As Described, aka SNAD). This is bullcrap (for lack of a more fitting word). He was happy with his purchase until I caught him out "dinging" my stars. So now, he is FRAUDING HIS CREDIT CARD COMPANY. Lucky for me, I have all saved emails, screenshots of his feedback left for me, and his rants and raves. Even if his credit card company refunds him, he has to send back his slip to me, in exact the same condition with tags and all on it. If not, I'm filing POSTAL FRAUD on him.

So, thanks for letting me rant about this fraudulent buyer. If you need his eBay ID, simply email me. I will be happy to share it with you so you can add to your BLOCKED BIDDER LIST.

2 comments:

Mod Provisions said...

That sucks! I'm so sorry! I had my Paypal account frozen before for $118 because a customer in Denmark was stating that he never received his item. He was just being impatient. Everything finally got sorted out, but I totally feel where you are coming from! I hope everything gets worked out on your end.

iamglamourpuss said...

You go Girl! There are some people you simply cannot please, no matter what you do! They will make you insane! And with all of eBay's new policies, there is no recourse...sellers are impotent now that they cannot leave realistic feedback (negative feedback).

I'm sorry you got a bad egg!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...