June 29, 2010

My husband Hugh, night #8, still in critical condition.

Short post, I'm overly exhausted tonight, only ate a bowl of soup today and a protein drink this morning so I'm wiped out.

Hugh now has pneumonia. I was expecting this with the amount of fluids in his lungs. We also found out his left knee has a femoral head fracture, soft tissue damage and torn ligaments. At this point we are wondering what is NOT broken?

The pulmonary doctor put Hugh back on the Versed (the heavy "amnesia" sedation medicine) and I am very happy about that. I think because of his lungs and how much Hugh was anxious yesterday, is why.

His fever is still running. 103 was the highest today, that's even with the ice/cold water blanket thingy ice packs, Tylenol etc. However, was done to 101 when I left. The fever could be from the pneumonia? Who knows. The cultures should be back tomorrow of his blood.

They also removed his central line in his chest and put a pick-line in. That procedure went smoothly.


Hugh, I had a rough day, just very high strung, very nervous, and hyped up. I am going to call the my doctor in the morning for something to calm my nerves. I promise sweety, I am taking care of myself. Mom, Papa, Melissa, Andrea and all my other angels are making sure of this. You know how I get, I get hyper and over emotional. But you know what? People are telling me differently. They are telling me how strong I am. You probably would get mad at me several times, and cross your arms like you do, and give me that look I hate. Funny enough, I miss that look I hate. You  know the look you give me, that stern, "Shelley" look. Sweetheart, you were so peaceful today and tonight. That made me feel so at ease because I know you were "resting".
I love you, I need you, I want you home. I am scared still and my throat is welling up, you know that knot thing inside, but for some reason tears aren't coming out. I wonder if you run out of tears? Sometimes I can't cry, and not sure why. Like today, I welled up, but then couldn't cry. Goodnight sweetheart, I pray tonight you rest comfortably. I miss you terribly xoxoxoxox

If You are So Inclined to Help with Medical Expenses etc. You Can Donate Here on this yellow "donate" button.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Muah...to you both.

Anonymous said...

You will all be in my prayers... Honey, I'm so very sorry you're going through all of this! Seems there should be a person appointed to take care of the paperwork during times like these... Focus on recovery - sending Love & Light...
x0x
Anita @ModelSupplies

Gina SuuperG Stark said...

Shelly, a friend, Richard, on Twitter mentioned you and what you and your husband are facing. You don't know me, but your eloquence and vulnerability made me just want to offer you strength and my sympathies for the struggle you're both in. So sorry to "discover" you this way.. I send my sincere wishes for healing and strength. Gina

Anonymous said...

I've been busy moving so this horrible story was a terrible surprise. I'll keep you & your family in my prayers -- I'll speak directly to the Goddess of Lingerie, for she'll know she owes you ;)

Seriously, much love and strength I'm sending your way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...