June 28, 2010

My husband Hugh, Monday night #7, still in critical condition.

This morning was filled with phone calls from the insurance office, to the disability office to the accident investigator detective with the LBPD. Well, I'm pissed. I have an "accident collision" report that is useless. It's been one week since the accident and NOTHING is being done. Allstate tells me not to worry. w.t.f.ever... really? NO ONE HAS BEEN OUT TO EVEN LOOK AT THE MOTORCYCLE and it's going on 8 days.

So here I sit, my husband completely broken from shoulder to toe on a breathing machine and I'm not to worry about things. I'm screaming on the inside and broken down so terribly right now.

Hugh had an MRI on his left leg to see how severe that knee is broken. His right foot has some horrible sores that freaked me out. He was so badly burned (we think from the exhaust pipe) on his right leg so I assumed these were burns we were looking. They don't know what they are. A "wound nurse" is being called in tomorrow to assess it.

After his MRI, he became very agitated and stressed, he tries to open his eyes, and grimace. Nurses are unsure if it's pain or stimulus (like my voice) he is reacting to. Seeing him like this is extremely upsetting to me, because I don't know if he understands what his happening to him, or the fact he may just be in extreme pain. He still won't do "commands" when the nurses asks him to wiggle his toes, or squeeze their hand, or hold 2 fingers up etc.

They also decided to remove his "central line" and place a pick line instead. They think perhaps he has infection from the central line and when this is done (tomorrow, Tuesday), they will culture it to see if it's infected because he is still running a high fever.

I left there at 9:15 in tears once again dreading the thought of coming home alone. Thank God my Mom has been driving me home so I am not alone on the drive. Not that I can't do it, it's just so lonely. Now, Samantha is sick and throwing up. I think she is stressed, in combination with not eating right. Memphis our doggy, also threw up this morning, and appears very depressed. Why is this  happening? I am so distraught.

Dear Hugh,
I miss you so terribly sweetheart. Tonight was the hardest night leaving you. Each night it gets harder and harder leaving you. You were so stressed and I know you were trying to tell me something. I could feel it. I am so frustrated not knowing what to do for you. I feel so helpless honey, I want to just curl up beside you and hold you, and tell you that everything is ok. I can't do it, I try to reach in through all the damned tubes and wires just to try to comfort you as best as I can. Hugh, are you hearing me.. please Hugh I want you so badly. I miss you so much, I am in agony and so heartbroken as I write this and crying right now so badly..Honey, please get better.. I need you so much. Love you so much, Shelley
If you are so inclined to help with medical expenses, etc. you can donate by clicking the yellow donate button. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 




5 comments:

Marsha Collier said...

Shelley, I'm praying for you and Hugh to get through this. My heart is with you.

Unknown said...

Shelley,
I so wish there was something i could do to fix this for you. Just know that you, Hugh, Sam & Memphis are in my prayers.
If you need to talk, call me ANYTIME!!!
I don't care if it's day or night!
Love You,
Cathy

dreamifucan said...

Shelley,
Thanks for keeping us up to date, I can't even imagine what you're going through. But please know that you and your husband remain in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Debbie

Suzie said...

I am so sorry this happened. Please know that I am thinking and praying for you.

Suzie

George said...

I saw your message on twitter. Just wanted to let you know I'll be praying foe a speedy recovery.

George

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...