June 24, 2010

My husband Hugh, night #3, still in critical condition.

I will first start with an update on my sweet darling Hugh. We made it through another day. They placed a "filter" inside him to prevent any blood clots traveling to the lungs and causing a pulmonary embolism. They also inserted a feeding tube to start nutrition. He is still holding his own, and stabilizing. The doctors seem happy with his progress (except for his lungs) holding too much fluid, which they are focusing on now. Everything else is just now wait and see. He will have more surgery next week if he is stable enough.

I stayed all day with him until 9:30 this evening. Driving home, I lost it, and sobbed the whole way home knowing I had to face an empty house without him and my bed. I am making my daughter sleep with me for comfort. This seems to be the hardest for me, the end of the day, knowing I have to come home and my darling Hugh not there. I can't stop crying. I go up and down. I am ok one minute, then 10 minutes later, I am crying. I can't help it and don't understand it really. I am scared and my mind keeps reeling with thoughts over and over again of the accident. I play it out in my mind over and over again of "how it happened".

My Angels were with me again today. That is what I call them. They know who they are. My Angels have banned together, cooked, bought and bought food, bought me a cell phone, organized a yard sale for my benefit to help me with my bills, made phone calls for me, filled out paperwork when I could not, organized blood to be donated, and most of all, given me the love, prayers, support and comfort I need most. 

Thank you all for your support.

Hugh, I love you my sweetheart with all my heart and I miss you so much. I want you home. I can't face this emptiness.
 

People are asking to help, I am requesting prayers. If you are so inclined, you can donate to his help out with medical bills through Paypal here:




4 comments:

Adriel Hampton said...

Shelley, I just caught up with this devastating news. Our prayers with Hugh, you and your family.

graeme said...

Hi Shelly.
I am truely sorry to here that your husband Hugh has had a terrible accident. I hope that he recovers some time soon.From Graeme in New Zealand.Christchurch.

Anonymous said...

Dear Shelley,I have no words for what you must be going through.I can feel your love for your husband in every word, the anguish of each night, the hope of every morning.
I'll read daily here & from friends- hoping for better news.
If you have friends who are helping,give them our names.We'll help too.
Love, Suzidk

Julie Anne in Seattle (claudiajean) said...

Shelley,

I just heard about what happened. My whole heart goes out to you and Hugh. I will think of him daily, many times a day and hope for a full recovery.

I wish I was in the LA area, I'd offer to help more...

With many hugs,

Julie Anne
(claudiajean from EBay vinties)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...