July 8, 2010

My Husband Hugh, Night 17, CCU, Back To Stable!

Wow, what a difference a day makes. Hugh had a bronchoscopy today and showed no blood clot under the diaphragm (that is pushed up), however, possible paralysis of the diaphragm. The pulmonary Dr. Levin, will do more testing next week to determine this. It's not life threatening unless BOTH sides are paralyzed, which they are not. Also could be collapsed lung, which I'm confused about, as you would think he would know this. I was so tired and worn out, I am confused now. Hugh did FANTASTIC during the procedure as he had conscious sedation, which zonked him out for the rest of the afternoon and help slept a well needed sleep.

He woke up around 5 pm and was feeling good! NO MORE DELUSIONS/HALLUCINATIONS TODAY THANK GOD! That was scaring the hell out of me and him too. He had roast beef , mashed potatoes, gravy, and strawberry jello which he absolutely loved. He said he used to despise jello and funny enough found a new liking to it. I loved feeding him. His hand to eye coordination is WAY off, and will take time. I can only assume this is from being weak, and no brain function really for those 2 weeks he was in that induced like coma.

Tomorrow is his surgery at noon for his pelvis surgery. I'm scared, but I know he'll be fine. I guess I worry about the pain he'll have. He's on good drugs though. He will remain in ICU/CCU to be sure he is stabilized after the surgery and probably through the weekend. From there, I can only assume if he is still stable, to the orthopedic ward.

Dear Hugh,
I am soooooooooooooooo proud of you! You were so strong today. You just wanted everyone around you. You had Mom, Papa, Samantha, Tyler, Melissa (which you called Greg) and me of course as your visitors. Not all at once, but different times. Not only physically, EVERYONE and I do mean EVERYONE is praying for you, and people we don't even know! I cannot WAIT to tell you what our community has AND is doing for us.

You keep talking about how you are having a second chance at life, and it's sinking in slowly that you almost died. Especially when Dr. Levin told you and me today he didn't think he would be seeing you this far. He said you were doing incredibly well considering what trauma you had. You are a fighter! Your sister was right, you come from "strong stock" as she put it in her email to you.

All day you kept talking about how nice it was to speak to your Mum, Dad and Sister, and can't wait to renew your relationships with them. I am going to make sure you keep that promise Hugh and don't you think I won't forget it either.

Darling, as I write this, I am so calm and relaxed, and just know in my heart that all is going to be OK. I just feel it. We have a new start and a new life journey ahead of us, and this is how I am going to try to start looking at it from now on.

I love you, I need you, I want you home... Please hurry and get better. I love you with all my heart....
------------------------------------------------


If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...