July 23, 2010

My Husband Hugh, Night #32 Critically Injured, Now in Rehab

Hugh's xray was negative (from the fall out of bed). Thank God. He was up in a wheelchair for 30 minutes, however, it's not good size for him. The rehab is ordering him a new chair for his size!! YAY!

I was taught some leg exercises for him today for over the weekend. Apparantly "rehab" is closed on the weekends.

He isn't eating again. Food is unappetizing to him. Even me offering him something from anywhere, and he won't eat. He is drinking Ensure's though. Oh well. One fight at a time.

This weekend should be long one since not much rehab goes on. I am going to have to be patient and somehow pass the time for him.

Dear Hugh,
Today was the first day you got frustrated. Not with me, but with your condition. My heart was breaking for you. It hurts me so much to see you like this. You are finally showing some emotion that you have had pent up in you since you came out of your induced coma.

Mom, Tyler and Sam are all here tonight. I feel good about not being alone in this empty house without you.

I am also soooooooooooooooo uplifted for Hugh's Bite Nite on Monday night! The Long Beach Press Telegram and NBC news have interest in it!

Well, once again, here I sit, brokenhearted. Missing you so much. Each day I think is going to get easier, however, it is not. Please hurry and get better, I need you home, I want you home, I love you forever.......

--------------
If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...