July 28, 2010

My husband Hugh, Night #37, Critically Injured, Now in Rehab

I'm starting to wear thin, reallllllllly thin. I need some normalcy...schedule or something.

I didn't get up to the hospital until 11:30. Days are pretty busy, filled with speech therapy, occupational therapy, and some very light physical therapy. He is not tolerating his new wheelchair at all. It kills him. The rehab facility doctor is in finally, he was on vacation last week, so he finally saw Hugh today. Ordered new pain meds, thank GOD, and lidocaine patches for his rear end (to help alleviate the pain from his butt and pelvis) when he sits up in his wheelchair.

Tomorrow morning is the appointment to have his staples removed from his back from the orthopedic surgeon. Hugh gets to ride in the ambulance transport. Should be interesting.

I am hoping with the new meds, new sleeping pill, and getting back on a regular schedule with sleep, he'll be up for more physical therapy. I am impatient. I want him home NOW.

Dear Hugh,
I was very impatient today, and you probably could tell. I woke up foggy headed and feeling, well, just crappy, as you know. I just want this to be all over. Just please, hurry and get better. Because I am tired, I am cutting your letter short tonight. I know you understand darling. I need you, I want you home... I love you forever.........
-----------------------------------------------------
If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:





2 comments:

Danelle Ice - Home Ever After said...

So sorry for what you guys are going through right now. You're in my prayers.

Danelle

Barbara said...

Shelley, be strong, I know it is hard, just take one day at a time and keep the mantra in mind that this will all be over one day. Hugh will be home and it will all be a memory. It will be behind you and the future will be filled with peace, love, light and happiness.

Praying for you and your whole family!

Blessings, Love and Light,
Barbara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...