July 21, 2010

My Husband Hugh, Night #30 Critically Injured, Now in Rehab

Another great day. Hugh is starting to eat (other then drinking Ensure's). He ate 1/2 his breakfast, 1/4 of his lunch, and most his dinner. Drinking LOTS of fluids which is great.

As for pain, he has little! Just trying to find a comfortable position continually is hard. He is hot all the time too. His moods are pretty good, considering what he's going through.

Saw his new rehab doctor, and just went over the pain meds and things like that. They are reducing the amount as they were wiping him out so bad.

He still isn't up for visitors. I was there from 8 am until 2:30 pm. Then tonight from 5:30 to 7:00 pm. Samantha came with me. She decorated his wall with all the lovely cards and pictures we are getting.

As I left he said, well, one more day behind us! He has a good attitude. It made me happy. But was so bittersweet waving bye to him as I closed his door, I lost it again. Thankfully Samantha saw that and knew just the right words to ease me out of another sobbing cry.
---------------------------------------------------------

Dear Hugh,
Again, I am so proud of you, you did so good today sweetheart.

I just can't bear the thought of you not home at night. It breaks my heart knowing you are there lying in that bed alone. No Memphis, not me by your side. Just you lying there alone. It's terribly heartbreaking for me and upsetting. I just hope you sleep all night and not think these same thoughts I do. When is this ending sweetheart? When will you back with me? I can't do this much longer, or I can't feel like I can do this. I know I have to, and I will though. For you. As Lily your incredible treatment told me today, "You always knew you loved him, you just never knew how much".

------------------------
If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...