July 12, 2010

My Husband Hugh, Night #21 In Hospital

Today Hugh suffered from what I feel are just major withdrawals still. Hot cold hot cold, nausea, just crappy feeling overall, however, not a whole lot of pain it seems. Anyhow, he hardly will eat, so they got him some anti-nausea meds. He is soooooo confused yet, but Dr. Jones the trauma doctor assures me this is normal. Then the head trauma nurse Bethany (who has been in close contact with me) told me today that they will do a some sort of neuro exam on him. I'm glad of this. When? Who knows.

A team of 3 guys (physical therapists) came in this morning and did physical therapy on him for about 15 minutes. They actually manipulated him sitting up (can you imagine this with a broken pelvis!?) on the edge of the bed (all 3 doing the work for him). Gave him motion exercises to do while laying there with his arms and feet. It's basically wiggling things that he can, but hey, it's a start. I was over the moon when they told me they will start occupational therapy as well on him tomorrow. I am so bothered by the fact that he cannot even press the buttons on the controls that it makes me almost physically nauseated with worry.

Had lots of visitors today, he was just not feeling well enough to see them. They all understood. Thank you everyone.
------------------------------------
Hugh,
Here I sit, just my heart breaking while I know you are laying there suffering and not a damn thing I can do about it. I told you my heart is broken and you keep telling me we'll get through this. You are so strong, yet so confused. You look at me for reassurance when the nurses are trying to ask you questions you just don't understand. DAMMIT WHY DON'T THEY KNOW YOU ARE CONFUSED yet I do. I'm so frustrated.

I have to tell you sweety, I'm so exhausted, both physically and mentally. I had to leave an hour early so I can be sure to take an Atavan (I forgot last night) and sleep properly. I had a nightmare last night that prevented me from falling back to sleep. :(

I need you, I miss you, I love you... I just want you home and well so bad it hurts to even type these words as tears well up, and that damn lump thing in my throat....please hurry honey and get better, I just don't know how much I can bear....
-----------------------
If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...