July 25, 2010

My husband Hugh, Night #34, Critically Injured, Now in Rehab

Wow, what a roller coaster. Yesterday, not so good. Today, FAB day! He was awake ALL day and never had a nap! He even finally ate some solid foods (and not Ensure). He had visitors (close family and a long time friend). I pushed him in the recliner chair on wheels around the whole building and we even went outside! He got to talk with his Mum and Dad and the whole day was uplifting!

I hope tomorrow is just as good. Tomorrow will get back into rehab and normal Monday through Friday routine.

I am ALREADY thinking when to get him home, and making plans in my mind. I keep saying 2 weeks, but everyone says no way. Well I am going to prove EVERYONE WRONG.

He is not taking anything for pain, can you believe that!!! What a trouper. He is one amazing guy, and my sweet friend Michele said it so eloquently here in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o30Hs-c_PGM
----------------------------------------

Dear Hugh,
I am sooooooo proud of you (I am each day, however, today was just a GOOD day). Maybe because I feel so uplifted? I don't know. I am just so lucky to be married to you. Have the best friends and family and live in the best community around. Don't you think? Tomorrow night will be so nice, I only wish you were going to be with us. I am so excited for YOUR *Bite Nite* and will take lots of pictures for you my darling. TONIGHT WAS THE FIRST NIGHT I DIDN'T CRY ON THE WAY HOME from the hospital coming home! You would be so proud of me. I think it's because you literally passed out with exhaustion as I was tucking you in, and cleaning up your room like I do each night I leave you.

Each day does NOT get better for me. I dread coming home (even though Mom is here staying with me), but I have to be honest. It won't be better until you are home with me. I need you, I want you home, please hurry and get better sweetheart. I love you forever.......
-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...