July 15, 2010

My Husband Hugh, Night #24 In Hospital

Another HUGE step forward today. I'm home right now, to shower, nap and spend the night at the hospital again. He did WONDERFUL with me last night, and had no psychotic episodes. He will have the Haldol (anti psychotic drug) again and me there, hopefully he will sleep peacefully. \

They are already checking into where they will transfer him for his rehabilitation. I will be going tomorrow (if I am told by the case manager) what our insurance covers to "look" at these places. He doesn't qualify for Memorial hospital's acute rehab because he is "low level" meaning he can't withstand 2 to 3 hours of hard physical rehab at this time as most his body (both legs and 1 arm) are non-weight-bearing. I HATE THE THOUGHT of him being in a "nursing home". I'm struggling with now that I cannot handle him physically and get him to out patient therapy. That would be ideal. I am not a hospital, I don't have a medical bed, medical chair, wheelchair, van, or the strength to lift him. Things are starting to slap me in the face with reality.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Hugh,
I'm so tired, mentally and physically. It's going to be a long road, but it's ok. We are in this together. I will be by your side tonight in your room spending the night and every step of the way. You are in complete understanding that you will be in a skilled nursing facility (nursing home) for awhile UNTIL you can be home. I can tell you now, I am going to work HARD at your rehab to get you home, I can't stand the thought of you in a nursing home.

Sweety, right now, just focus on YOU getting better. I'll be ok with things. I need you, I want you home, I love you....


If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:



3 comments:

Sprite said...

Hang in there, honey ... the rehab home is only until he is strong enough to make the next step home. You can cheer up HIS side of a room & make the best of anything when you know it's just a part of him coming home. You can do this. *love & hugs*

Mad Fashionista said...

If it's any comfort, a skilled nursing facility is not the same as a nursing home. I've seen both. Words cannot express how badly I feel for both of you, and the amazing effort you are doing to get through this.

Theda Bara's Vintage said...

I'm so sorry for the delayed response. I took today to catch up on everyone's blogs and read the news about your hubby. Saying "I'm so sorry" really doesn't do much, but you are in my thoughts and I'm sending all my positive energy your way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...