July 4, 2010

My husband Hugh, Night #13, Critical Condition GREAT NEWS, Stabilizing!

Hugh breathed on his own ALL DAY. He still is connected to the breathing machine/tube, and they are not removing that until after his surgery this week only because it's too traumatic to remove, put back in for surgery, remove etc. As far as the surgery goes (to finish the pelvis and his knee), I am sure I'll know more tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

Fever is 101.5 all day, and night. This doesn't worry me. It has to do with all his broken bones, and pneumonia. They did add/change another antibiotic today as well. They put him back on the Versed (the heavy sedative) because he was VERY agitated all morning and early afternoon. Flailing his good arm, and trying to lift up. This is very hard for me to see. I just cannot imagine what he is thinking, feeling, and must feel "trapped" and just breaks my heart. 

I did feel much more at ease leaving the hospital, and in fact, this is the first night I haven't cried on the way home. As I type this, I am so relaxed.

When my angel Melissa called (like she always does) to check in on me this afternoon, I told her the good news. She started sobbing tears of joy. God bless her, I love her so much.

Anyhow, I'm home, going to make a few calls to my other Angels, and finish this post and will sleep peacefully I'm sure. I even let Samantha spend the night with her girlfriends!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
My sweetheart Hugh,
I'm so proud of you! You breathed all day on your own. I just want those damn tubes out so I can hear your beautiful voice. I keep telling the pretty nurses wait until they hear your English accent. You would be blushing, I know. Anyhow, darling, I have a smile on my face and I got through another dreary, depressing weekend at the hospital. I hate the hospital on the weekends. It's horribly depressing for some reason. 

I can't wait until the day comes when I can start sharing all the wonderful things that my Angels, my friends, my family have done for you, Samantha and me. 

I was in your room tonight, with the BEST view in the whole hospital (the nurses told me your room was the best to see the skyline) to watch the firework over the Queen Mary and downtown Long Beach. I talked to you while you laid there sleeping peacefully and explained each one to you. ALL the ICU nurses came in and gathered behind me while I was sobbing watching the fireworks, and let me cry while we all shared watching them together in your dark room. It was very bittersweet for me. But I would be no other place then be in your room with you sweetheart and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I was invited to go elsewhere, but there was no way in hell I would not watch them without you darling. 

Hugh, my heart is aching, even though I am a little more at peace tonight. My heart aches for you, to be near you, to lay with you, to share with you. Even though you play your computer games most nights, just knowing you are in the next room was enough, then to share our bed. I miss this so much darling. Goodnight my sweetheart, I pray you have a peaceful night as you were when I left you tonight. Please Hugh, hurry up and get better. I need you so much, I love you so much. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 
I am not able to work (for obvious reasons)  so if you are so inclined to help with our expenses, please use the donate button:



2 comments:

Karen/ MommysBazaar said...

That really is great news that he is starting to stabilize. with each day he will get better and better until he is home with you.
I am keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen

Stack and Stop Emergency Sandbags Kits said...

Thanks for the good news Shelley. You, Hugh, Samantha and the whole family are in my thoughts. Sincerely, Michele

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...