July 20, 2010

My Husband Hugh, Night #29 now in rehab

GREAT DAY! I am so much more less agitated and upset then yesterday. Hugh had a decent night according to him. I got there at 9:30 this morning, and he had a bit of physical therapy by sitting on the edge of the bed.

At 2:00 they got him up in a recliner chair, and we got to push him around the facility, see the floor, and GO OUTSIDE ON HIS PATIO! Where he snoozed for 30 minutes in the cool shady breeze. This did wonders for him.

The Norco is wiping him out. He is going to try to take 1 instead of 2. He wants to sleep all the time. He isn't eating, and won't eat. However, he is drinking Ensures, juices, milk and water. The nurse is also ordering multi vitamins etc.

I will meet with his "new" doctor that will see him here at this facility at 8:00 am in the morning.

I feel really good about everything. Today was a great day and I know it may not be like this tomorrow. But I'll take it!

AND THE ICING ON THE CAKE!!!!!!! Drum rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll... I can bring MEMPHIS to see him tonight! They allow small pets to visit their loved ones, and this is all Hugh talks about to see his baby boy! So as soon as I finish writing this, I'm off with Memphis to the rehab. This should be an experience.

The only "bummer" today was a call from the disability insurance we paid into through his work. They will pay Hugh about $100 a month. WTF! Because Hugh is getting state disability is why. Ok, so WTF are we paying for short/long term private disability if they are going to pay so little! This doesn't make any sense to me. I am calling Hugh's human resource tomorrow, I just don't get it. All this money wasted all these years to only be paid out about $100 a month!?! :(
----------------------------------------------
Dear Hugh,
I am soooooo proud of you! You did so well today. I can't wait to finish this letter to you so you can see your baby boy! You are so excited and so am I. Should be very interesting, however, I hope it raises your spirits. I just hope it's not sad for you when we leave. Honey, we are on a new journey and I hope each day gets better. I feel good about things today. I hope it's like this tomorrow. Please hurry and get better, I need you, I want you home, I love you forever.......
---------------------------------------------
If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:



1 comment:

Diane said...

So glad it was a good day for both of you, Shelley.

My experience with disability insurance through work is that it is offset by whatever other disability you may receive.

Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...