July 17, 2010

My Husband Hugh, Night #26 In Hospital

I came home from the hospital to attempt to go to Millikan's 30th reunion for the class of 80. I just can't bring myself to get ready. I'm exhausted more mentally and causing me physical exhaustion. I know my friends will understand. Hugh had an exhausting day. He called me at 3:30 am in the morning, and didn't realize the time. He had fallen asleep last night (at around 6:00 pm) so poor darling was a bit off schedule, and still is. I left the hospital tonight at 6:00 and he was sleeping peacefully.

He had physical therapy today, but getting him up on the side of bed, exercising his legs and arms. A couple of hours later, a team of 4 nurses came in and moved him up in his therapy recliner. He was able to withstand 1 1/2 hours.

He is not eating. He will drink Ensure though. He only had 2 today.

Monday appears to be the big day. He will be transferred to the rehab center.
----------------------------
Dear Hugh,
Today was emotional for us. You started remembering parts of you being in CCU/ICU. You first recalled someone telling you, "Mr. Boyle, you are OK, you are OK". Then you remembered being in an icy hell for days, and trapped like at the bottom of a dark ice cold sea. You broke down crying and said you never want to go back there again. I told you I think that is when you were in your coma, and you had the ice blankets over you for your high fevers. This broke my heart knowing you felt this. You also asked more about the accident.

Sweetheart, I was supposed to go to Millikan's 30th reunion tonight, but I could not bear the thought of going and facing all the questions, and just so emotionally exhausted right now, leading to physically exhausted. Melissa texted me that she understands and she loves us.

I miss you so much, I broke down again on my way home from the hospital just thinking about being in the house again alone. I am glad my Mom is staying the night again with me. Sam is home, but I want her to have a normal life, so I am allowing her to go out with Tyler and have fun. It's what she should be doing.

I need you, I want you home..I love you sweetheart. Please hurry and get better.

--------------------------
If you are so inclined to help with Hugh's medical expenses and our mounting bills, you can donate to us by clicking the yellow donate button:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...